9.28.2011

Archi-Love | One World Trade Center

I have a crush, don't tell my husband. Actually, you could tell him because he would roll his eyes, say "Oh I know" and move on to the next conversation. The thing is, my crush happens to also be married with two children.  Perhaps I should say I have a crush on his work instead of him as an individual. Regardless, let me introduce you to a few of his works:

Denver Art Museum
The mystery man is Daniel Libeskind, and I could stare at his buildings for hours on end! If you live near one of these amazing structures, check them out now. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.  One of his projects has received a good amount of publicity lately because of the 10th anniversary of September 11th.  His masterplan for One World Trade Center has been the guiding light for the many buildings and memorials on the site.  I love his creative process and how he references so many landmarks and different ideas in his buildings.  Aesthetically, how could a building be any cooler? I feel like he visited a distant planet and brought back their new-age cyber buildings, and I couldn't be happier. Take a moment to check out Studio Daniel Libeskind and World Trade Center and start planning your trip to Manhattan!


*All photos in this post found via search engines or the Studio Libeskind online portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well aren't you a cool kid. Thanks for dropping me a line!