10.07.2011

Artsy Fartsy | The Leonardo

I have to give an immediate disclaimer: If you don't live in Utah, this post may not excite you. If you do, hold on to your seats and get ready for an awesome announcement.

The Leonardo opens this Saturday, October 8th in downtown Salt Lake City!

You may be scratching your head and wondering, "Who is this Leo she speaks of?" While Leo is no smoking hot actor, The Leonardo is a self-labeled Sci+Tech+Art museum opening in the building that housed the last generation of the city library--in fact, it's just south of the current city library. Why should you be excited about this museum? Because art is amazing, sharing art is spectacular, and Salt Lake City has been crying for a fantastic contemporary art museum! (Let's face it, guys, the UMFA can only satisfy so many needs.) After visiting Los Angeles, where museums practically litter the streets, I have been craving some steamy art action, and I'm hopeful that The Leonardo will deliver. My interests were piqued after a very lovable classmate posted this work-in-progress photo:


This awesomeness reminds me of another Los Angeles treat, SCI-Arc. 

Source
Tell me that isn't a sexy installation. I'm already planning my trip to The Leonardo. For now, though, I'll have to satisfy my appetite with the Leo Countdown.


Amazing, right?


1 comment:

  1. ha ha. I like that I am referred to as a "loveable classmate"

    ReplyDelete

Well aren't you a cool kid. Thanks for dropping me a line!